Fattoria Ramerino is located in the hills south of Florence. It covers about 50 ha and the surface is cultivated mainly with olive trees. The area is considered high with olive groves above the exposure of the parcels on which the olives are grown in conventional systems. The olive-groves, 5,500 plants, is represented by typical varieties of central Tuscany: Moraiolo, Frantoio, Leccino, American. It 'an organic farm. The harvest begins in late October and lasts throughout the month of November, but never beyond. Within 12 hours, the olives harvested and stored in boxes are taken to the mill for processing. The high standards achieved by the excellent health status depend on the olives and the attention paid to the collection and transport to the mill, as well as the crushing system. The oil is stored in a local company dedicated with T° constant at around 14-18 °C. The oil is bottled on the farm and marketed with 5 labels, Olive varieties IGP Tuscan hills of Florence, Guadagnolo Primus, Guadagnolo Dulcis, Cultivar Frantoio and Cultivar Moraiolo.
Awards and Honors:
Italian National Competitions:
- National Competition 'Ercole Olivario' 2015: Premium List 'Guadagnòlo Primus'
- National Competition 'L'Oro D'Italia' 2015 : Excellence honors 5 drops type blend 'Guadagnolo Primus'
- National Competition 'Montiferru' 2015 : 1° Organic Award 'Cultivar Frantoio', Menzione d'Onore 'Guadagnòlo Primus'
- XXVII Edizione Festambiente Organic Extravirgin Olive Oil 2015:2° Place, cat. Medium Fruity 'Cultivar Frantoio'
- XII National Review monocultivar Italian Oils 2015 : 'Cultivar Frantoio' point 7,9
National and International Guides:
- Terred'Olio 2015 : Selected in the guide with the Crown Maestrod'Olio 'Cultivar Frantoio'
- Gambero Rosso 2015 : 3 leaves 'Guadagnolo Primus', 2 leaves 'Cultivar Frantoio' and 'Guadagnòlo Dulcis'
- Slow Food 2015 :selected in guide all extra virgin olive oils (Guadagnòlo Primus, Guadagnòlo Dulcis e Cultivar Frantoio)
- Merum 2015 : selected in guide all extra virgin olive oils, 2 hearts 'Guadagnòlo Primus', 2 hearts 'Cultivar Frantoio', 1 heart 'Guadagnòlo Dulcis'
- Flos Olei 2015 : 95/100 Producer Top 20 with 'Guadagnòlo Primus' (Olio 2014)
- Bibenda 2015 (April) : Guadagnòlo Primus, 5 drops
- International Competition Biol 2015 : Biol Tuscany 'Guadagnòlo Primus' Extragold Medal, 'Cultivar Frantoio' e 'Guadagnòlo Dulcis' Gold Medal
- International Competition 'L'Oro del Mediterraneo' 2015 : 'Lode di Eccellenza' 5 drops type blend, Medium Fruity 'Guadagnòlo Primus', 4 drops monocultivar, Medium Fruity 'Cultivar Frantoio'
- International Competition'Monocultivar Olive Oil Bio' 2015 : Top Class, points 8,7/10 oil 'Cultivar Frantoio'
- International Competition 'Los Angeles International Olive Oil Contest' 2015 : Gold Medal, Medium Fruity 'Guadagnòlo Primus', Silver Medal, Medium Fruity 'Cultivar Frantoio'
- International Competition 'Olive D'Or' 2015 : Bronze Award, Medium Fruity, 'Guadagnòlo Primus'
- International Competition 'Il Magnifico' 2015 : Produttore Finalista, Silver Medal 'Cultivar Frantoio'
- International Competition 'JOOP' Japan Olive Oil Prize 2015 : Bronze Award, Intense Fruity, 'Guadagnòlo Primus'
Bibenda 2016, 5 drops
Monocultivar expo bio 2016, Best Scent of the Year 2016 to 'Cultivar Frantoio' points: 9,7
Monocultivar expo bio 2016, Top Gold 2016 to 'Cultivar Moraiolo' points 9,5